Windsor Real Estate Market Overview
A small-town vibe with easy access to urban amenities, close proximity to Detroit, and affordable cost of living are some of the features that make Windsor a dream destination for many families. Living in Windsor gives you an opportunity to experience both the cultures of Canada and America. A steady influx of move-over buyers – driven by the low cost of living – has fueled the housing demand, causing a strong appreciation in property prices recently.
Many families and individuals struggle to get on the property ladder and realize their dream of homeownership in Windsor due to their credit situation. For them, renting a home appears to be the only viable option. Here at Clever Properties, we help prospective home buyers overcome credit challenges and ‘buy’ any home of their choice listed on the market for sale in Windsor with our unique rent-to-own program. We work with buyers regardless of their credit situation.
In this guide, you will learn how rent-to-own program works. You will also get free access to rent-to-own homes for sale in Windsor.
Why to buy a rent-to-own home in Windsor
The following real estate market overview will help you decide if Windsor is the right location for you to buy a home:
- Windsor has experienced the fastest appreciation in average house prices in Ontario recently. The average home value went up to $534,000 in March, 2021, an increase of a whopping 49% compared to March, 2020. Homes are being sold above asking price. If you manage to buy a reasonably priced home in this seller’s market, you will potentially build equity faster. You will likely miss out on this opportunity if you continue to rent a home in Windsor.
- Despite the steep increase in property values, Windsor remains the most affordable large city to own a home, followed by London.
- On average, you will find about 1,000 homes listed for sale on the market in Windsor. Under our unique rent-to-own program, you can buy any of these homes without credit check.
- The neighborhoods including Riverside, Forest Glade, Walkerville, Bridgeview Area, Southwood Lakes, West Windsor, and South Windsor feature diversity and a close-kit community spirit.
- Families raising kids love Windsor as it features plenty of top-ranked elementary and secondary schools governed by four school boards including Greater Essex County District School Board, Windsor Essex Catholic, District School Board, Conseil Scolaire Catholique Providence, and The Conseil Scolaire Viamonde. There are many high ranking private schools also.
How to by a rent-to-own home in Windsor
The rental marketing is pretty tight in Windsor with many property management companies reporting a wait time of weeks, even months for their properties in popular neighborhoods. In this scenario, you probably wouldn’t want to miss the opportunity to ‘buy’ a home of your choice in Windsor in a rent-to-own arrangement. You shop for a home in the open market just like buyers pre-approved for a conventional mortgage do.
Flexible down payment terms tailored to your individual situation make our rent-to-own program the easiest step towards home ownership. Get in touch with us to learn more!